In late 2019, a disease emerged named Covid-19 from Coronavirus. It rapidly spread through the world. And since the disease has taken a different turn altogether, the only thing that can be done is to prevent transmission of virus from one person to another. Apart from many other tools and equipment, surgical masks are the most common and effective equipment to have by your side in these difficult times. There are multiple reasons to buy berry compliant surgical masks and ensure optimum safety.
What is Berry Amendment?
In 1941, Congress passed the DoD Appropriations Act to protect the domestic industrial base during the time of war, it was later referred to as the Berry Amendment. It meant that restrictions were placed that required the Department of Defense to give preference in procurement to domestically produced, manufactured, or home-grown products.
- Berry compliance motivated consumers to purchase the products made in US over the ones that were from another country. The berry amendment legislation requires a particular type of organizations to buy certain products from the US manufacturers only. The products covered under the amendment are: Natural fiber products, wool, clothing (including its components and materials), woven silk, woven silk blends, spun silk yarn, coated synthetic fabric, any equipment that is used to manufacture the above-mentioned fibres, and tents and its components.
In times where surgical masks have become the most go to equipment for everyone from general people to the frontline workers, let us explore more about berry compliant surgical masks and its usage.
Benefits of Using Disposable Surgical Masks
There are generally three types of face masks- Home made cloth face masks, surgical masks, and N95 respirator. Home made masks are very common and easily available as it is made from a piece of cloth. But at times it can give you a false sense of security. N95 respirators are also a good choice, though it might be a little difficult to buy one. Let us see some how secure surgical face masks are:
- Protects you from any splash, spray, or large water droplets.
- Prevents the transmission of virus from the wearer to another person through respiratory secretions.
- Surgical face masks are loose fitted and does not make you feel uncomfortable wearing it or breathing inside.
- The way it is designed, it blends well with the face type and the metal strip at the top of the mask provides great grip that prevents transmission of viruses and germs from one person to another.
- Surgical masks are FDA approved and thus can be trusted well for safety purposes.
Apart from the uses, it is very important to know how to dispose the used mask. To prevent the virus getting transmitted on to another person, you must dispose the used surgical masks at a well secluded or tightly closed place or container. You must wash your hands and face properly and sanitize it before putting on a surgical mask. Do not unnecessarily touch your face masks or pull it down to your chin. Even after disposing the face mask, do not forget to sanitize your hands again.