It is important to learn how to properly wear face masks during these times. Even though masks are touted as the best thin since social distancing that has been put in place. Masks are effective only if they cover your mouth, nose, and chin. However tempting it may be to remove your mask for a moment, during that time you could expose your face to the very virus you're trying to avoid, keep that in mind when wearing a mask. Following are the steps to wearing a Mask:
- Properly Wash your hands
- Only wear clean breathable face masks, re-wearing the same mask could expose you to contaminants - having a USA made mask is a bonus...lol
- Put on your mask by holding the ear loops
- Your mask should fit snugly against the side of your face with no open flaps - but it shouldn't be so tight that you can breath - kinda a good point, huh!
- The mask you have most likely has a nose wire that travels over your nose you can press down on this to maximize comfort and reduce the possibility for contaminates to enter through the top of the mask.
- The next step is to confirm your nose, mouth and chin are covered.
- If your mask has pleats they should open downwards on the front of the mask.
- Pull your mask up so it covers your nose and tug it down so it covers your mouth.
- After you've put your mask on, don't touch it again until it's time to take it off!
We also figured we would add a few common mistakes when using a mask. Firstly is when you get a mask that is too loose. If your mask has large openings around your nose, mouth, and sides of your face it can't effectively protect you against the virus. Secondly, you forgot about your nose...haha! Your nose needs to stay inside your mask to be fully protected. Third, you put your mask back on after you have touched it. You shouldn't take your mask off for a time when you are in a public place where the virus may be present. It may be a hot day but it's also possible you could contaminate your mouth or face with any germs your mask caught.
Now when you are out of harm's way and not in a public place anymore it is time to take your mask off! The best way to take the mask off is to grab the mask strap around your ears and pull it off that when then dispose of the mask in the garbage. It is important not to touch your face or mouth until you have thoroughly washed your hands again with disinfecting soap.
Thanks for reading our post, we trust you have found this helpful. Remember wearing a mask made in the USA will be better for your health - well almost, it will be better for your Made in USA spirit. Thanks for supporting this great country!