Every time we go out in public we are encouraged to wear a facemask, most prefer a disposable face mask. Here are some dos and don'ts of wearing a mask. The CDC has published a guide but we'll mask it easy to understand!
The reason for wearing a face mask in public is to reduce or eliminate the chance of transmission of a respiratory virus. Droplets from someone by coughing or sneezing is a quick way for a virus to be transmitted. So let's Mask up and protect ourselves, below are a few points to keep in mind:
Things to DO:
- Wear a mask whenever you go out.
- Ensure your facemask has multiple layers to provide a filter against harmful viruses
- Make sure the mask fits comfortable around your face
- Remember to wash your hands prior to putting on your facemask
- For the steps to put a mask on referring to our other blog post
- Continue to practice Social Distancing even when wearing a mask
- If you are visiting an older family member or friend it is a good idea to keep your disposable facemask on at all times
- After your medical mask has shown signs of soiling or smells you should throw it away.
Things NOT to do:
- If you have a child under the age of 2 years old they should not put a mask on as it may cause to be a breathing restriction
- When eating don't just pull your mask down, you should remove it completely to ensure it is kept clean
- Don't wear a mask that is not clean and shows signs of dirt or is smelly
- Removing a mask when talking should not be done
- If you are feeling signs of a fever, coughing, sneezing, light-headed you shouldn't go out and is best to seek medical help
We hope you found these points helpful, remember we are all fighting this disease together and if we all play our part it will quickly go away! Feel free to reach out if you are interested in USA Made Berry compliant disposable masks. We manufacture all our face masks here in New York state - each mask is tested before you wear it!